Sunday 7 January 2018

Art Journaling and a Lustre Luxe Tag..

Hey Bloggers
And Happy New Year to you all..
My first blog post of the year is for
BeeCrafty.

Over the holiday, I took a wee break from crafting as my mojo has been hiding for a while. In order to kick start the mojo a wee bit I decided to try out a bit of art journaling. Its not something I do often but I was inspired by my teamie Jane and her amazing art journaling.. Mine is only beginner pieces compared to Jane's so do pop over to see her amazing journal.

I started colouring the whole page with purple Lustre Luxe. I used the easy frame circle stencil as well as few of the Dinkables to add more colours of Lustre Luxe. For the 2 suns I added the Lustre Luxe with a wee spatula so its raised, just like using paste. For all the circles I just used blending foam.
And then it was really just doodling. I used a white gel pen as well as a black sharpie.
I did think of adding a greeting but decided just to leave it.. But you never know,  might go back to it lol...

Right, while I was playing I went for a second page. This one is using the circle wire style frames with Oxide inks. I also used the feather and the spotty Dinkable. I finished with the "Angry Bubbles" sentiment stamp.

Well that is really it for today, but before I go I want to share a few tips for using Lustre Luxe..
Let me post a few pics and I'll explain as we go..

I made these 2 little tags, but I didn't like the border I made down the bottom, but stamped with Archival ink, the ink was gonna come off.

So I decided to cover up the tag and start over.
1st coat of Lustre Luxe going on, already great cover..

2nd coat, only the black showing through..

 
And the full tag now covered.. It took 4 thin coats of Lustre Luxe to fully cover and no tag wasted..
Now.. Tip no 1:
Leave each coat to dry for a few mins. Lustre Luxe pretty much drys instantaneously but I find that if you leave it for a few minutes, the next coat goes on a bit smoother.

 Before and after..
After my tag was dry I used a shimmer spray made also from Lustre Luxe to add the gold shimmer and then the circle wire style frames with Oxide inks.
The shimmer spay is made by filling a mini mister with water (fillit only half way with luke warm water) and a wee lump of Lustre Luxe. Shake well.
Tip 2: Empty out your mini mister after use and clean mister well as I left mine and mister was all clogged up.
And that is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment